Happy National Chocolate Day
Celebrate National Chocolate Day with this decadent recipe from my new cookbook - How to Cook for Beginners, available November 19. Order yours now on Amazon! https://amzn.to/2n05e48
Makes: 12 brownies / Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Times: 25 minutes
These fudgy brownies are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. You can always adjust the amount of chipotle to suit your heat tolerance.
8x8-inch baking pan
Dry measuring cups
Ingredients to Have:
1 ½ sticks butter
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chipotle pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a square 8x8” baking pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder and brown sugar followed by the egg.
4. In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, chipotle pepper, and baking powder. Whisk that into the chocolate mixture, combining well.
5. Finish by add in the vanilla.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove the brownies from the pan by pulling up the parchment paper. Slice and serve.
Make It Easier: Brownies can be tough to cut. They stick to the knife like crazy. An easy way around that is to use a plastic knife. It cuts right through and nothing sticks to it.